With the construction of the Blankenberge harbour a new lighthouse was built and was inaugurated in 1872. The Germans blew this building up in 1944.
The current concrete lighthouse dates from after World War II (1951). This lighthouse includes, amongst others, a living and office space for the lighthouse keeper and his family. The style is reminiscent of the interbellum.
Today the lighthouse is fully automated and uninhabited.