All leisure activities will be allowed again from Monday 8 June 2020, with the exception of conferences, amusement parks and indoor playgrounds, which may only be reopened from 1 July 2020.
- Excursions of one or more days within Belgium are allowed again from 8 June 2020, including overnight stays. Belgium will only open its borders on 15 June 2020, so travel to and from abroad is not yet possible.
- From 11 May 2020, all stores will reopen.
Only one customer per 10 m² will be allowed for a maximum of 30 minutes. An exception will be made for smaller shops. The safety distance must be respected and preferably each customer should wear protection which covers the nose and mouth.
- Bars and restaurants will reopen from 8 June 2020, but must take into account, among other things, the following measures:
- A distance of 1.5 meters between the tables.
- A maximum of 10 persons per table.
- Each customer must remain seated at his own table.
- The waiters must wear a mask.
- All catering establishments may remain open until one o'clock in the morning, just like the night shops.
- Gaming rooms (e.g. casinos), banquet and reception rooms will not reopen until 1 July 2020.
- Nightclubs will remain closed until the end of August because no safety distance can be provided.
- All cultural, sport, tourist and recreational events are prohibited until 30 June 2020. Mass events will be cancelled until 31 August 2020!
- All events organised by the city council will be cancelled until 31 August 2020!
- The Belle Epoque Centre and the indoor exhibition 750 years Blankenberge will remain closed until 30 June 2020.
- Sea Life Blankenberge will reopen on 18 May 2020. Tickets must be purchased in advance, a one-way route has been worked out, everyone is required to wear a mouth mask and only five visitors will be admitted per quarter of an hour.
- Second-residents may return to their second residence from 20 May 2020, also for an overnight stay. This also applies to mobile homes with a fixed pitch.
The Tourist Information Point is closed until 30 June 2020. However, you can reach us by phone or e-mail from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and from 1.30 p.m. to 5 p.m.